Thursday 22 January 2009

A Day to Remember












Here you are
There you were
Like a rare flower on a plain

Like a ray of sunlight
Steadily, gracefully, shining
Through a lone space in the clouds

There I was in a realm of happiness
Like a single shell-shocked soldier
Being taken from a combat zone
On a padded satin stretcher
And not alone
High on the medicine that saves me
Staring up at you through that golden ray of sunshine

You're a lovely angel nurse, holding my hand
In your care, there's not a scratch left on me
And with the smoke cleared
A spring breeze suddenly has come to me
Through winter, your fragrance on it

You are a living, graceful masterpiece
Before my eyes
Carressing my ears
Touching my heart every day

And on the bus, you took my hand
You put your head on my shoulder
And I felt you were mine then, for now

You're so very much more than enough, forever
Thank you for saving me

My Love

No comments:

Post a Comment