Saturday 24 January 2009

What I See



Need I words
Oh, I wish not

Though desire binds me
To express a lot

About this light
That defines your face
Revealing all your wondrous grace
...

Were I a musician
Yes, I would play
For you a lovely song each day

Were I a poet
Oh, I would make
Your daily sonnet
For beauty's sake

You are just so angelic to me
I want for you
And the world to see

The light!
The light!
The shadows true!
Rainnaissance paintings they make of you!

For your serene and gentle face!
It drives my heart a rapid pace!

Da Vinci's passed!
Carravaggio too!
Waterhouse, gone!
What can we do!

I've but one choice!
'Tis plain to see
With brush and pigment
Set this free

This desire
This passion
And this pain
To show
What's seen within again

Yet silent now
I can keep not
Desire I've to express a lot

About this light
That defines your face
Revealing all your wonderous grace

No comments: